By joining South Wilts Mencap you will lend your support to the work we do locally helping people with learning disabilities.
- Members may bring concerns affecting people with learning disabilities to the attention of the Board of Trustees.
- Members are kept up to date on matters affecting people with learning disabilities and their families/carers.
- Activities are provided for members to attend e.g. clubs, fun days, holidays etc.
- Advisory services are provided for members.
- Members can attend the AGM and exercise their right to vote.
- Members must support the objectives of the South Wilts Mencap Constitution.
- Either – Members must be located within the area formerly known as Salisbury District Council Or – members regularly attend services for people with a learning disability within this area e.g. school, college, day centres etc.
- Members must provide correct contact details in the required format to the membership secretary and update SWM with any changes to their contact details.
- Members must pay fees for any services offered by SWM at the required time.
- Members must adhere to any rules/guidelines for conduct during attendance at any services provided by SWM.
It couldn’t be easier – print off a copy of our application form and return to; Membership Secretary, Mencap Shop, 16 Catherine Street, Salisbury SP1 2DA. Or you can email our membership secretary, Chris Murray.
Here are 3 simple ways you can donate to South Wilts Mencap
- Make a one-off or monthly donation direct to South Wilts Mencap via BT Donate, or write a cheque payable to South Wilts Mencap.
- Pop in to our charity shop at 16 Catherine Street. For every £1 you spend in our shop, 85p goes direct to funding our activities, clubs and services. We’d also love your help in keeping the shop stocked so drop by with your pre-loved quality clothes, household items, toys and more.
- Nominate South Wilts Mencap as your charity for your fundraising challenge, whether it be running, cycling, walking or jumping out of a plane!