South Wilts Mencap is building its team of volunteers, so please give some thought to joining us for a few hours each week. Here are some of the areas you can volunteer in;
- Our Charity Shop needs sales assistants and people to help sort and manage the stock. It is a great place to enjoy a bit of company whilst helping to generate vital income to keep the charity running. There is no need for experience, but if you have worked in retail, so much the better!
- We need someone to coordinate, and others to help, with our Ability Bikes Club one evening per week between 5:30 and 7:30pm (day as yet unknown). This activity is great fun, you would love it!
- Our other clubs need some friendly faces too, from practical help with the activities to admin assistance.
- If you are interested in a more strategic role, you might consider becoming a Trustee or member of the Executive Committee. Both Boards are made up of voluntary positions with committee meetings held in the evenings.
- We can also find small tasks for anyone with administrative experience.
- Finally, please don’t forget out Street Collection in Salisbury on Saturday 19th May. This is such an important team effort. Last May we took over £1,000 and it would be so good to beat that figure. We are looking for a coordinator for the bi-annual street collections and volunteers to come into town and collect for an hour.
Interested? Need more information? Ring Our Secretary, Emma Harper on 07702 565318 or email email@example.com
Employment status: Self-employed at an hourly rate of £10 – £12 per hour
Hours per month: 4 – 6 hours a week for approximately three months – may be subject to extension
South Wilts Mencap (SWM) is a charitable organisation supporting people with learning disabilities within the Salisbury area of Wiltshire. SWM has the aspiration to inspire all people with learning disabilities to achieve their full potential and to enable and support them and their families to lead fuller lives.
As part of an organisational restructuring, SWM is reviewing and revising its policies and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency across all the activities undertaken by the organisation. This will require considerable administration work to prepare the documents, training files and support the project team for this work.
Self employed contractor working from home reporting to the Trustee responsible for this project.
To prepare policies and procedures for South Wilts Mencap. To edit and finalise such documents and prepare for distribution. Preparation of training folders, forms and templates.
Confident using Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
Experienced in preparing formal documents, presentations and training folders
Excellent attention to detail
Competent at communicating; face to face, on the phone and in writing.
Self starter who is organised and efficient at managing workload to meet deadlines.
Experienced in writing business policies and standard operating procedures and of document control
Experience of preparing training materials
Experience of working for a Charity or voluntary based organisation.
Please request an application form by email
For more information ring Emma Harper on 07702 565318.
South Wilts Mencap are offering an exciting new position to coordinate a new service in Salisbury for children with learning disabilities and their families.
Play Partner Parties are a new venture for South Wilts Mencap starting in September 2017. They provide a way to enable children aged between 5 and 13 years old who may feel socially isolated, have a disability or are differently abled, to meet, have fun and play with other children. Parties are usually held once a month on a Sunday afternoon for 2 hours (10 times a year excluding December and August) at Five Rivers Leisure Centre, Salisbury. This is an inclusive event for all the family, and siblings are included in the play opportunities and tea party. It is hoped that Play Partner Parties will give families an opportunity to develop friendships and support networks with each other.
Click here to learn more about the self employed position and how to apply.