South Wilts Mencap is building its team of volunteers, so please give some thought to joining us for a few hours each week. Here are some of the areas you can volunteer in;
- Our Charity Shop needs sales assistants and people to help sort and manage the stock. It is a great place to enjoy a bit of company whilst helping to generate vital income to keep the charity running. There is no need for experience, but if you have worked in retail, so much the better!
- We need someone to coordinate, and others to help, with our Ability Bikes Club one evening per week between 5:30 and 7:30pm (day as yet unknown). This activity is great fun, you would love it!
- Our other clubs need some friendly faces too, from practical help with the activities to admin assistance.
- If you are interested in a more strategic role, you might consider becoming a Trustee or member of the Executive Committee. Both Boards are made up of voluntary positions with committee meetings held in the evenings.
- We can also find small tasks for anyone with administrative experience.
- Finally, please don’t forget out Street Collection in Salisbury on Saturday 19th May. This is such an important team effort. Last May we took over £1,000 and it would be so good to beat that figure. We are looking for a coordinator for the bi-annual street collections and volunteers to come into town and collect for an hour.
Interested? Need more information? Ring Our Secretary, Emma Harper on 07702 565318 or email email@example.com